- The three-dimensional shape of biological structures fundamentally influences how they function. Statistical Shape Modelling (SSM) is an important keystone to unlocking and understanding the influences of shape. The Statistical Shape Modelling Research Toolkit (SSMRT) packages a set of powerful technologies that may be used to predict shape using one of our models or to create your own SSM.
Shuqiao Xie, Department of Bioengineering, Imperial College London
Daniel Nolte, Department of Bioengineering, Imperial College London
Angela Kedgley, Department of Bioengineering, Imperial College London
Daniel Rueckert, Department of Computing, Imperial College London
Anthony Bull, Department of Bioengineering, Imperial College London
- Nolte D, Bull AMJ, Kedgley AE. (2020) Reconstruction of the lower limb bones from sparse digitisation and statistical shape modelling; Gait & Posture 77, 269-275.
- Nolte D, Bull AMJ. (2019) Femur finite element model instantiation from partial anatomies using statistical shape and appearance models; Medical Engineering & Physics 67, 55-65.
- Nolte D, Tsang CK, Zhang KY, Ding Z, Kedgley AE, Bull AMJ. (2016) Non-linear scaling of a musculoskeletal model of the lower limb using statistical shape models, J. Biomech. 49, 3576–358
- Zhang KY, Kedgley AE, Donoghue CR, Rueckert D, Bull AMJ. The relationship between lateral meniscus shape and joint contact parameters in the knee: a study using data from the Osteoarthritis Initiative. Arthritis Res Ther 16, (2014), R27.PMC397875
- Yang YHM, Rueckert D, Bull AMJ. Predicting the shapes of bones at a joint: application to the shoulder. Comp. Meth. Biomech. Biomed. Eng 11, (2008), 19-30
- Yang YH, Bull AMJ, Rueckert D, Hill A. 3D statistical shape modeling of long bones. Biomed. Image Reg. Proc. Lecture Notes In Comp. Science 4057, (2006 2007), 306-314
- WE ARE WILLING TO LICENSE THIS SOFTWARE TO YOU ONLY ON THE CONDITION THAT YOU ACCEPT ALL OF THE TERMS CONTAINED IN THE FOLLOWING AGREEMENT.PLEASE READ THE AGREEMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE DOWNLOADING THE SOFTWARE. BY EXERCISING THE OPTION TO DOWNLOAD THE SOFTWARE YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THE AGREEMENT.
SOFTWARE LICENCE AGREEMENT
1. Ownership and Licence. Your non-exclusive rights to use the software downloaded to your computer and all other copies that you are authorised by this Agreement to make (the “Software”) are specified in this Agreement, and we (or our licensors) retain all rights including but not limited to all copyright and other intellectual property rights, anywhere in the world, in the Software not expressly granted to you in this Agreement.
2. Permitted Uses. You are granted, free of charge, the following non-exclusive, non-transferable rights in respect of the Software:
(a) You may download and install the Software onto one computer or server for use in accordance with Clause 2 (b) of this Agreement provided that you ensure that the Software is not accessible by other users unless they have themselves accepted the terms of this licence agreement.
(b) You may use the Software solely for non-commercial, academic research purposes and only in accordance with the terms of this Agreement. You may not use the Software for, or in relation to, patient management or in, or in relation to, clinical trials.
(c) Right to Copy. You may copy the Software for back-up and archival purposes, provided that each copy is kept in your possession and provided you reproduce our copyright notice on each copy.
(d) Transfer and sub-licensing. You may not rent, lend, or lease the Software and you may not transfer or sub-license this licence to use the Software or any of your rights or obligations under this Agreement to another party.
(e) Identity of Licensee. The licence granted herein is personal to you. If you wish to obtain a licence for mutiple users or a site licence for the Software please contact us using the contact form on this site.
(f) Publications and presentations. In all publications and presentations of research carried out using the Software, you must acknowledge use of the Software using the form of words and citations given in Schedule 1.
3. Warranty Disclaimer
(a) Disclaimer. The Software has been developed for research purposes only and is not a clinical tool. You acknowledge that we are providing the Software to you under this licence agreement free of charge and on condition that the disclaimer set out below shall apply. We do not warrant that the Software will meet your requirements or that its operation will be uninterrupted or error-free. You acknowledge that you have reviewed and evaluated the Software to determine that it meets your needs and that you assume all responsibility and liability for determining the suitability of the Software as fit for your particular purposes and requirements. Subject to Clause 3(b), we exclude and expressly disclaim all express and implied representations, warranties, conditions and terms not stated herein (including the implied conditions or warranties of satisfactory quality, merchantable quality, merchantability and fitness for purpose).
(b) Savings. Some jurisdictions may imply warranties, conditions or terms or impose obligations upon us which cannot, in whole or in part, be excluded, restricted or modified or otherwise do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, conditions or terms, in which case the above warranty disclaimer and exclusion will only apply to you to the extent permitted in the relevant jurisdiction and does not in any event exclude any implied warranties, conditions or terms which may not under applicable law be excluded.
4. Limitation of Liability
(a) You acknowledge that we are providing the Software to you under this licence agreement free of charge and on condition that the limitation of liability set out below shall apply. Accordingly, subject to Clause 4(b), we exclude all liability whether in contract, tort, negligence or otherwise, in respect of the Software and/or any related documentation provided to you by us including, but not limited to, liability for loss or corruption of data, loss of contracts, loss of income, loss of profits, loss of cover and any consequential or indirect loss or damage of any kind arising out of or in connection with this licence agreement, however caused. This exclusion shall apply even if we have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage.
(b) Nothing in this Agreement shall have the effect of excluding or limiting our liability for death or personal injury caused by our own negligence. This licence does not permit you to use the Software for, or in relation to, patient management or in, or in relation to, clinical trials.
(c) Some jurisdictions do not allow these limitations or exclusions either wholly or in part, and, to that extent, they may not apply to you. Nothing in this licence agreement will affect your statutory rights or other relevant statutory provisions which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified, and its terms and conditions must be read and construed subject to any such statutory rights and/or provisions.
5. Confidentiality. You agree not to disclose any confidential information provided to you by us pursuant to this Agreement to any third party without our prior written consent. The obligations in this Clause 5 shall survive the termination of this Agreement for any reason.
(a) We may terminate this licence agreement and your right to use the Software at any time with immediate effect upon written notice to you.
(b) This licence agreement and your right to use the Software automatically terminate if you:
(i) fail to comply with any provisions of this Agreement; or
(ii) destroy the copies of the Software in your possession, or voluntarily return the Software to us.
(c) Upon termination, you will destroy all copies of the Software.
(d) Otherwise, the restrictions on your rights to use the Software will expire upon expiration of the copyright to the Software.
7. Miscellaneous Provisions.
(a) This Agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the substantive laws of England whose courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over all disputes which may arise between us.
(b) This is the entire agreement between us relating to the Software, and supersedes any prior purchase order, communications, advertising or representations concerning the Software.
(c) No change or modification of this Agreement will be valid unless it is in writing, and is signed by us.
(d) The unenforceability or invalidity of any part of this Agreement will not affect the enforceability or validity of the remaining parts.
SCHEDULE 1 Acknowledgments
If you use SSMRT, you should reference the following papers in any publication:
Nolte D, Tsang CK, Zhang KY, Ding Z, Kedgley AE, Bull AMJ. (2016) Non-linear scaling of a musculoskeletal model of the lower limb using statistical shape models, J. Biomech. 49, 3576–358
Zhang KY, Kedgley AE, Donoghue CR, Rueckert D, Bull AMJ. The relationship between lateral meniscus shape and joint contact parameters in the knee: a study using data from the Osteoarthritis Initiative. Arthritis Res Ther 16, (2014), R27.
- The download link will appear on the bottom of this page once you have filled up the fields and press submit.